ASSIST is committed to the enhancement of security services for Texas citizens. We are dedicated to promoting and safeguarding high-standards of services in the security industry through quality training programs for security officers, championing of appropriate legislative and continuous improvement initiatives, and promoting and sustaining constructive dialogue among security professionals in Texas.
Code of Ethics
Upon being duly certified as a member of ASSIST, I PLEDGE:
- To conduct myself in my profession with honesty, sincerity, integrity, fidelity, morality and good conscience in all dealings with my clients.
- To preserve my clients’ confidence under any and all circumstances, except where the clients interest is contrary to the client’s interest is contrary to the law.
- To conduct all my business within the bounds of legality, morality, and professional ethics.
- To retain in the strictest confidence every facet of my clients’ interest from inquiries by third parties, especially in matters involving national notoriety or publicity.
- To cooperate with all recognized and responsible law enforcement and governmental agencies in matters within the scope of their proper authority.
- To counsel my clients against any illegal or unethical course of action.
- To explain to the full satisfaction of my client all fees and charges.
- To promote the professionalism of the security industry.
- To encourage ethical conduct by my employees.
- To be especially diligent in all dealings with other licensees in matters of referral and exchange work.