The Texas Department of Public Safety regulates private security services in Texas (http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/psb/) as provided in the Private Security Act (Chapter 1702, Texas Occupations Code).
- Occupations Code: Chapter 1702 – Occupations Related to Law Enforcement and Security
- Administrative Code: Chapter 35 – Private Security
- Private Security Act (Effective 1/1/16)
- Texas DPS – Private Security Rules
Security Business Licensing Forms
- Private Security Business Certificate of Liability Insurance Form
- Private Security Information Change Form – Business
- Private Security Information Change Form – Individual
- Notification of Termination for Employee Resignation Form
- Order DPS Training Forms and Manuals
- DPS Private Security Program Complaint Investigation Form .
- Private Security Program Certification of Level 2 Training Form